So, as you can see from the previous post, Nissan Canada is giving away 50 Nissan Cubes to 50 people all over Canada. I think AutoNorth deserves one.
Most of the people chosen will be 'lifestyle hipsters' showing how well their Cubes will tote around their friends to art galleries, poetry readings, and barista conventions all over metropolitan centers in Canada. But, what about us normal car people that every now and then fall in love with funky and slightly weird boxy cars?
Here is my open letter to Nissan to let us thrash around one of their Cubes:
We are AutoNorth, a Canadian automotive blog that has been around for a little while now. We are made up of a few people from all walks of life but have a passion for cars in common. Even though you probably have a certain demographic in mind when giving out these cars, you should really consider us, and here are a few reasons why:
- We like cars and know how to drive them. So, chances are if you give us one it won't be returned with dents, scratches, or other road rashes from being driven by people whose minds are preoccupied with chai lattes and harp playing.
- We live all over Canada, so our Cube will be seen everywhere with a nice AutoNorth logo on it. We will be at many events this year and I am sure there will be many people asking questions like "When did you bring your Scion into Canada?" Yes, we promise to tell them it is a Nissan. And yes, we will show them lots of stuff on it. No, we won't tell them it's a Honda Element Jr.
- Being an avid camper I have always wondered how much beer you can actually put in a car. This would be an interesting challenge as I am not sure if all the beer would actually make it to the car.
- I live in a province, way over on the east coast of Canada, called Prince Edward Island. Many people have not been to this far away land but there are people here who buy cars. A lot of them buy small cars too!
- The tourists who do come here usually do so for one reason. So, to grab their attention we could give the car red pig-tails and everyone would take our picture!
I have many more reasons why we would be perfect to drive this cute little box around Canada. But, instead I will leave you with this. The Cube would make us look pretty cool just like all those chai latte people who play the harp. If you give us one I will promise to try a chai latte, for you, to see if I like it.