The original World Championship of Online Poker (WCOOP) is hosted twice per year, beginning in September and ending in spring. It has been a pillar for online poker tournaments with its three-tier event structure that caters to players at various bankrolls – something no other series offers!
The 2022 SCOOP will be a month-location! We’re talking about over 100 tournaments with $100M in prize pool guarantees. Gamers who play Auto North Casino can find out that this year’s event started on Sunday, April 4th and ran through to the end of last week (unlike last time). So you can expect it all to start again soon enough…
SCOOP 2022 Basics
PokerStars has announced that the next SCOOP will be its largest. Gamers who play Auto North Casino can find out that with 102 official events, there are now306 tournaments to choose from!
The SCOOP 2022 poker series is set to be exciting with the potential for big things. And after 10 years of Spring COOP action, this year’s tournament will finally reach $1 billion!!
A Review of SCOOP 2021
SCOOP offered a variety of poker variations as the Dunder Casino, with Hold ’em remaining dominant at 225 tournaments. Even within this group, there were different formats like PKO, short-handed turbo games, and 6 Omaha variant events alongside 8 Game selections for those looking to try something new! In addition, they have 5 Card Draws Missourimixes available alongside Razz Stud Single Draw Tripledraw Badugi etc.
The leaderboards will be a perfect way to track your performance and earn some cash! Don’t forget that you can also compete for the $100K in prizes by finishing high on these SCOOP rankings.
- SCOOP Low Leaderboard: $5K + trophy for 1st, top 20 paid
- SCOOP Medium Leaderboard: $10K + trophy for 1st, top 10 paid
- SCOOP High Leaderboard: $15K + trophy for 1st, top 3 paid
- SCOOP Overall Leaderboard: $25K + trophy for 1st
Main Events and Highlights
The first time a poker tournament offered more than one Main Event was at PokerStars. They had three versions of their famous Hold ’em game, as well as video poker, with different buy-in amounts, and throughout its existence, it has expanded into six total events where players can compete for big money prizes in Omaha as well!
With six $15.35M+ guarantees in one series, SCOOP 2021 is the most lucrative of this year’s events! All eight tournaments happened on Sunday, April 25th and offered players high-stakes action with top prize pools right off the bat – had you there?
- Event 92-L: $109 buy-in NLHE 8-Max Main Event ($3M GTD)
- Event 92-M: $1,050 buy-in NLHE 8-Max Main Event ($5M GTD)
- Event 92-H: $10,300 buy-in NLHE 8-Max Main Event ($5M GTD)
- Event 93-L: $109 buy-in PLO 6-Max Main Event ($350K GTD)
- Event 93-M: $1,050 buy-in PLO 6-Max Main Event ($750K GTD)
- Event 93-H: $10,300 buy-in PLO 6-Max Main Event ($1.25M GTD)
The guarantee series had some other impressive ones, including these that exceeded $100K per agreement:
- Event 2-M: $55 NLHE PKO SCOOP Kickoff ($300K GTD)
- Event 2-H: $530 NLHE PKO SCOOP Kickoff ($400K GTD)
- Event 3-L: $11 NLHE 8-Max ($100K GTD)
- Event 3-M: $109 NLHE 8-Max Sunday Warm-Up ($350K GTD)
- Event 3-H: $1,050 NLHE 8-Max Sunday Warm-Up ($500K GTD)
- Event 4-L: $22 NLHE PKO Mini Sunday Million ($275K GTD)
- Event 4-M: $215 NLHE PKO Sunday Million ($1.25M)
- Event 4-H: $2,100 NLHE PKO Sunday High Roller ($800K GTD)
- Event 5-M: $215 PLO 6-Max ($200K GTD)
- Event 5-H: $2,100 PLO 6-Max ($500K GTD)
- Event 6-L: $109 NLHE 8-Max ($350K GTD)
- Event 6-M: $1,050 NLHE 8-Max ($600K GTD)
- Event 6-H: $10,300 NLHE 8-Max High Roller ($1M GTD)
- Event 7-L: $22 NLHE PKO Turbo 7-Max Mini Sunday Cooldown ($100K GTD)
- Event 7-M: $215 NLHE PKO Turbo 7-Max Sunday Cooldown ($250K GTD)
- Event 7-H: $2,100 NLHE PKO Turbo 7-Max Sunday Cooldown ($350K GTD)
PokerStars has published the full schedule for this year’s World Series of Poker with a searchable function.
Giveaways and Satellites
The best players in the world are playing their way to a spot at one of these tournaments. There’s always something running throughout SCOOP Series events, and you can get your game on with regular satellites today through tomorrow!
Heaven forbid you’re not a superstar player. But even if you are, there’s always something new and exciting going on at PokerStars! This time, they’ve announced $1.6M in giveaways for all players, including an incredible bonus package that will give your bankroll some much-needed stirrups (get it?) We could talk about how great these promotions have been or maybe point out what makes them so unique among other sites – but I think my favourite thing is just calling them “Ana,” which seems fitting considering everything we know now…
The most lucrative promotion of SCOOP is coming up, with PokerStars awarding $1.5M in series tickets for free entries! Players can enter any event and find their names every day when they sign-up through the “Challenges” window. It’s important to opt into this challenge because if you don’t win, then there are still great prizes available like cash or other cool stuff…
With so many ways to win, you’re sure not going to want an opportunity. The more stakes level you purchase, the better your chances!
- Low drawing: $2.20 – $22 buy-ins
- Medium drawing: $22.01 – $215 buy-ins
- High drawing: $215.01 buy-ins and higher
The fast-play sit n’ go tournaments are a great way to play three-handed and win cash, you can also win playing at LeoVegas Casino. You can buy it for $4 or 22, depending on how much you want! The Spin & Gos give out tickets from 11 dollar range up near 3000$. These prizes will either be reserved by players who enter them into SCOOP finals later this year (or) they’ll be used as satellites if not claimed within 30 days after landing hosting rights at one specific venue.
SCOOP Fast Track is a great opportunity for players who want to step up from smaller buy-ins and enter larger SCOOP tournaments. The promotion already runs so that you can qualify daily with ease!
This is an excellent opportunity to get high-quality poker action. You can buy in at any step and take advantage of this amazing offer for just one dollar more!
- Step 1: $1 SNG of 12 players, winner receives Step 2 ticket
- Step 2: $11 SNG of 21 players, winner receives Step 3 ticket
- Step 3: $109 MTT, winner receives Step 4 ticket
- Step 4: $1,050 MTT, winner receives entry to $10,300 buy-in Main Event
A Part of Online Poker History
The most successful and long-running poker series in history books has happened. SCOOP is now an official part of our game’s rich heritage, one that will be studied for decades to come!
SCOOP was created in 2009 and has run every year since. The total numbers are a lot for us to process: – 7,192 teams registered with the event coordinator during those seven years (2009-2017), meaning there would be about 8 million dollars worth of prizes up for grabs if your team enters! This gets even crazier once you consider how many people play video games these days.
- Total events: 644
- Total tournaments: 1,932
- Total entries: 9,280,540
- Total countries represented by SCOOP winners: 76
- Country with most SCOOP titles: UK with 211 (Canada in second with 179)
- Total winners’ prize money: $151,768,253
- Total prize pools: $999,353,882
- Total players with multiple SCOOP titles: 193
- Player with most SCOOP titles: Calvin “Cal42688” Anderson with 10
Would the most famous poker tournament attract any of its usual competitors? The answer is yes! Of course, players from all around turned up to play. Just like every other year before it and after, too – this spring edition was another success story for wager couriers who bring us excitement with their creative initiatives each time they decide upon something new.
The poker scene has been booming in the last few years, thanks to SCOOP. This event was first hosted by PokerStars, with 22 events back when they started almost 10 years ago! But since then, we’ve seen how this competition has grown from just under 200k participants up until now, where more than 462K people enter every year looking for their shot at some big prizes pool-wise – over $39M total available between both years competitions.
The SCOOP series has been a major player in the poker world, with over 1 million entries and more than $105M awarded by 2020. The year it was created for – 2019- had an especially high number at 372 tournaments generating exactly this amount: 184 winnings!
With a prize pool of $999,353,882 going into the series and an expected raise during the opening weekend that will put its total well over 1B dollars for one special SCOOP event – it’s clear to see why poker fans are excited about this coming year!